Thursday, February 26, 2009

#7 Asking when the baby is due after she’s already given birth

It’s a common mistake, a lot of people make it. It takes a full 6 weeks for everything INSIDE a woman’s body to shrink back down to a normal size and that doesn’t even take into account the weight that she gained on the outside of her body. It’s natural, she’s going to LOOK pregnant for a few weeks after she is NOT pregnant. I think this post stems back to Post #1 "Are you Pregnant" . It’s just ALWAYS a bad idea to ask that question.

My friend Amy came to church about 4-5 weeks after she gave birth to her baby girl. She was carrying the child in her arms. I mean, the baby was still an infant, it’s not like she was as big as a two year old and someone was wondering when she was going to have the baby. No, she was carrying the newborn child in her arms when someone said “when are you due?” I don’t even know what Amy said but I can imagine what I would’ve said… it wouldn’t have been nice, that’s for sure.

I shouldn’t have to re-iterate this but DO NOT ASK IF SOMEONE IS PREGNANT (asking when someone is due is the SAME THING).

No comments:

Post a Comment